Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Minnesota established the BriAnna Kruzel Growing Up Big Award to honor BriAnna Kruzel, a former Little Sister and High School Big Sister, who passed away suddenly and unexpectedly in September 2013.BriAnna’s experience with the Big Brothers Big Sisters program was quite unique. When her father was deployed in Iraq, BriAnna began as a Little Sister in the program. Years later, BriAnna decided to become a High School Big Sister as a way to provide the same experience to another child. BriAnna was matched with a Little Sister whose father was deployed overseas, which helped them form an instant bond. BriAnna was able to relate to her Little Sister and provide advice and support. BriAnna was a dedicated friend and mentor for over two years. She was selected as the 2013 High School Big Sister of the Year for her outstanding commitment to the program and her Little Sister. She was also honored by the St. Cloud Optimist Club with the “Youth Appreciation Award” for her work with Big Brothers Big Sisters.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Minnesota is accepting nominations for a deserving participant, either a former Little Brother/Sister or former High School Big Brother/Sister, who demonstrates service to the community, character, and integrity.
1. The nominee must be a former Little Brother/Sister or former High School Big Brother/Big Sister in the Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central MN program.
2. The nominee must be 18 years of age or older.
3. The nominee must have been matched thru Big Brothers Big Sisters for at least 18 months.
1. Submit the nomination form by January 12th, 2019. The nomination can be completed and submitted on-line or can be printed and emailed, faxed or mailed to:
Big Brothers Big Sisters
Attention: Ann Matvick
203 Cooper Avenue North Suite 162
St. Cloud, MN 56303
Fax: (320) 253-1702
2. Big Brothers Big Sisters will then contact the nominee to obtain additional information.
3. The winner will be notified by February 28th, 2019 and will receive the award at the Big Brothers Big Sisters Gala on March 29th, 2019. The winner will receive four tickets to the event.
Each year we have the opportunity to select an Adult Big Brother & Big Sister of the Year (which includes Big Couples & Big Families), a High School Big Brother and Big Sister of the Year and a Little Brother and Little Sister of the Year. We have so many amazing Bigs (mentors) and Littles (mentees) and would love your help in nominating those that you feel are deserving.
We accept nominations year round but the deadline for the 2020 Bigs of the Year is November 13th 2019. Nominations are reviewed and selected in November/December and announced in January. The winners will receive their awards at our Big Celebration (which typically takes place in March).
To nominate an Adult Big Brother, Big Sister, Big Couple or Big Family:
To nominate a High School Big Brother or Big Sister:
To nominate a Little Brother or Little Sister: