Big for a Day is a fun opportunity for groups to get involved. Big for a Day is exactly what it sounds like! Adult volunteers from your group get to be a Big Brother or Big Sister for a day.
This is a great way to learn more about mentoring and help kids in your community.
We may include more than one group in the planning and participation of the event. We will help to determine which groups will be participating in the event.
We have a high number of kids on the waiting list at BBBS. These children don’t get as many opportunities to experience the mentoring relationship that they desire. By giving a few hours of your time, you can provide a positive experience for these kids and for yourself.
Interested in becoming a Big for a Day?
Have the following information ready before approaching BBBS:
- Designate a liaison from your group to communicate with Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Three tentative dates for an event at least 2 months out
- Activity and location ideas for a group of 15 – 25 kids
- Do you have other groups that want to help with the activity? (BBBS may find partner groups also)
What to think about…
- Do you have enough staff/group members who are willing to volunteer at this event?
- Do you have the time to plan an event?
- Do you have the resources to carry out the event?
Please contact Rachel at email@example.com or 320-258-4537 if you would like more information on how to become a "Big for a Day" and impact the lives of children on our waiting list.