Big for a Day is a fun opportunity for companies, classes and other organizations to get involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Minnesota (BBBS). Big for a Day is exactly what it sounds like! Adult volunteers from your company, class and/or organization get to be a Big Brother or Big Sister for a day.
This is a great way to learn more about mentoring and help kids in your community.
We may include more than one organization/business/class in the planning and participation of the event. BBBS will help to determine which businesses will be participating in the event.
We have an all-time high number of kids on the waiting list at BBBS. These children don’t get as many opportunities to experience the mentoring relationship that they desire. By giving a few hours of your time, you can provide a positive experience for these kids and for yourself.
Interested in becoming a Big for a Day?
Have the following information ready before approaching BBBS:
1. Designate a liaison from your group/organization to communicate with Big Brothers Big Sisters
2. Three tentative dates for an event – must give at least 2 months notice
3. Activity and location ideas for a group of 15 – 25 kids
4. Do you have other organizations/groups that want to help with the activity? (BBBS may find partner groups/organizations also)
What to think about…
· Do you have enough staff/group members who would be willing to volunteer at this event?
· Do you have the time to plan an event?
· Do you have the resources to carry out the event?